Alumni Leadership Council
Purpose: Ambassador. Asker. Advocate. Members of Cate’s Alumni Leadership Council (ALC) exemplify these characteristics while acting as governing body of Cate’s Alumni Association (currently 3,600+ alumni worldwide). The overall purpose of the Alumni Leadership Council is four-fold:
- To serve as the leadership forum for the expression and exchange of alumni ideas
- To assist in guiding the direction and nature of the Alumni Association and its activities
- To increase relationships between alumni and the School
- To increase support by alumni to the School through the Cate Fund
The Alumni Leadership Council (ALC) shall make recommendations to the Alumni Association, or to the Board of Trustees, through the Alumni Leadership Council President; and the Alumni Leadership Council may recommend the formation of additional committees as it deems necessary.
ALUMNI LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
- President: Lauren Craig Albrecht ’89 (Pasadena, CA)
- Vice President: Dinah Moore Calderon ’90 (Carpinteria, CA)
- Chair: Vinette Brown ’93 (Washington, D.C.)
- Chair: Micah Carr ’99 (Chicago, IL)
- Chair: John Kearney ’00 (Ventura, CA)
- Chair: Kel Mitchel ’12 (Bakersfield, CA)
- Chair: Jiwon Choi Song ’00 (Los Angeles, CA)
- Class Agents & Reunion Chairs: A group of over 275 volunteers who help classmates stay connected by attending events and supporting the School through the Cate Fund.
- Regional Representatives: Volunteers who assist in planning events specific to a given region.
- 3,600+ members (all those who attended Cate for one full year are recognized as an alumnus of the School, and therefore part of the Alumni Association).
Current Term (Alumni Leadership Council President & Vice President)
Year 1: 2020-2021 (begins July 1, 2020)
Year 2: 2021-2022
Year 3: 2023-2024 (ends June 30, 2024)
Alumni Council Meetings 2020-2021
Typically, the Alumni Leadership Council hosts multiple open meetings prior to regional receptions around the world. These meetings act as opportunities to update any members of Cate’s Alumni Association who would like to attend. This year, the ALC will host a virtual end-of-year meeting in June. All alumni are welcome to attend this meeting.
Meeting #1: Camp Cate Reunion and/or virtual (June, 2021)
Board of Trustee Meetings 2020-2021
The Alumni Council President serves on the Board of Trustees. S/he attends the following Board of Trustee meetings at Cate. The Alumni Council President provides an update to Trustees on recent and upcoming alumni events and activities.
January 2021 (virtual)
April 2021 (Cate)