Purpose: Ambassador. Asker. Advocate. Members of Cate’s Alumni Council exemplify these characteristics while acting as governing body of Cate’s Alumni Association (currently 3,400+ alumni worldwide). The [overall] purpose of the Alumni Council is [three-fold]:
- To serve as the leadership forum for the expression and exchange of alumni ideas
- To assist in guiding the direction and nature of the Alumni Association and its activities
- To increase relationships between alumni and the School
The Alumni Council shall make recommendations to the Alumni Association, or to the Board of Trustees, through the Alumni Council President; and the Alumni Council may recommend the formation of additional committees as it deems necessary.
- President: Peter Given ’99
- Vice President: Lauren Craig Albrecht ’89
- Class Agents & Reunion Chairs: A group of over 275 volunteers who help classmates stay connected by attending events and supporting the School through the Cate Fund.
- Regional Representatives: Volunteers who assist in planning events specific to a given region.
Alumni Association: 3,400+ members (all those who attended Cate for one full year are recognized as an alumnus of the School, and therefore part of the Alumni Association).
Year 1: 2017-2018 (begins July 1, 2017)
Year 2: 2018-2019
Year 3: 2019-2020 (ends June 30, 2020)
Alumni Council Meetings 2019-2020
The Alumni Council holds two (2) open meetings per school year. These meetings act as opportunities to update any members of Cate’s Alumni Association who would like to attend.
Meeting #1: San Francisco Reception (Olympic Club, 5:30-6:00 p.m., Thursday, January 23)
Meeting #2: Camp Cate (Johnson Library, 10:30-11:30 a.m., June 6)
Board of Trustee Meetings 2019-2020
The Alumni Council President serves on the Board of Trustees. S/he attends the following Board of Trustee meetings at Cate. The Alumni Council President provides an update to Trustees on recent and upcoming alumni events and activities.
September 26-27, 2019 (Cate)
January 10-11, 2020 (Cate)
April 9-10 2020 (Cate)