The Importance of Alumni Participation
Why is alumni participation so important? This is a great question and one that I am constantly asked…. and not just by alumni, but by parents, faculty, and students as well.
At Cate School, “alumni participation” refers to the percentage of alumni who make gifts in support of current operations in a given year. This commitment in support of your School is regarded as an excellent measure of alumni satisfaction.
But, there are a host of other reasons why alumni participation is important.
- Independent schools have always relied on the support of alumni. Alumni helped pay for your education; now it’s your turn to pay it forward.
- Broad alumni participation helps establish a culture of philanthropy that is vital to the success and sustainability of the institution.
- There is strength in numbers and a community is only as strong as the people who support it.
- Corporations and foundations consider alumni participation when making funding decisions.
- Alumni participation is a factor in ranking schools.
- Parents and students look at school rankings when making enrollment decisions.
So now you know the secret. I urge you to get involved and make your gift to the School. All gifts, no matter the size, are meaningful. Education is too important to forget.